What does it mean to “burn the ships?” It means to go all in. It means to throw away the safety net of a full-time job and truly chase your passion. It means that by putting yourself in survival mode, you alter your way of thinking and do whatever it takes to be successful on your own terms.
In Episode 22 of The Business Equation Podcast, host Nick Bogacz breaks down this phrase that he coined and shares why he feels you cannot truly build your own enterprise if you are still hanging on to your full-time job…regardless of what kind of security said job may be providing you. Sure, you may have a “side hustle.” But will it ever have a chance to become more if you aren’t dedicating the necessary time to it?
Throughout this episode, you will learn:
- What it truly means to burn the ships
- Why side hustles can only be side hustles unless you go all in to make them more
- How burning the ships will force you to change your mindset
- Why big things can’t be accomplished without an all-in attitude
- What to do when the option of burning the ships is made for you
- Why burning the ships is different from burning bridges
Nick is also a published author! Click here to check out his book, The Pizza Equation: Slicing Up How to Run a Successful Pizza Enterprise.
MUSIC CREDIT: Theme music for The Business Equation Podcast – Never Forget by Gareth Johnson & Chris Bussey, via www.audionetwork.com
Subscribe to The Business Equation Podcast Today!