It’s not always easy to find the right person for the job. Sometimes, it can take several attempts to find the proper fit. Other times, new employees will leave shortly after coming on board, meaning something was missed in those early stages that led to them not buying in to your company or, more importantly, you as a leader.
One of the biggest reasons people leave a job before truly learning if they’d be a good fit is because onboarding procedures are flawed. If a person doesn’t feel valued in their new position, they’ll check out and find a job that does. Likewise, if a person is criticized too often for not doing things “the right way,” this, too, could lead to an early departure.
Nick Bogacz employs hundreds of people in his five pizza destinations and understands what it takes to bring someone onto the team and keep them in place. In Episode 31 of The Business Equation Podcast, he’s going to share his secrets with you and much more!
In this episode, you will learn:
- Some good outlets for recruiting
- How giving your employees a bonus for recruiting can lead to big gains for your squad
- Why creating an efficient onboarding plan is critical to your success
- How to find strengths in everyone you hire – they may not be right for Job A, but may knock Job B out of the park if you get them the opportunity
- What is S.A.W. and how do you implement it?
- How to ensure you are valuing new employees right out of the gate
Nick is a published author! Click here to check out his book, The Pizza Equation: Slicing Up How to Run a Successful Pizza Enterprise.
MUSIC CREDIT: Theme music for The Business Equation Podcast – Never Forget by Gareth Johnson & Chris Bussey, via www.audionetwork.com
Subscribe to The Business Equation Podcast Today!
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Podcasts | Spotify
Connect with Nick Bogacz and The Business Equation
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Linked In